10.14.2009

Globtober

I get extremely annoyed when people use the day's weather as proof against global warming. If the daily temperature is even slightly lower than normal, some people will insist that the liberal conspirators are out to steal their F-150's and turn them into gay orgy vehicles. I can't tell you how many times I have heard the phrase, "So much for global warming" on those frostier days. The boldfaced idiocy of these people truly astounds me. Even in the wake of an epic dry spell, people still declare the nonexistence of global warming. To them, rain = Jesus bitch slapping Al Gore for being so full of shit. I'd like to display a diagram of sorts. I call it, "The Scientific Method of the Orange County Housewife".


1. Ask A Question: Is global warming bullplop?
2. Do Background Research: ...?
3. Construct Hypothesis: Global warming is horse manure.
4. Test with an Experiment: Go outside.
5. Analyze Results: It was sprinkling. And there were clouds. COLD. Everywhere cold.
6. Verify Hypothesis: It was chilly out. Therefore, global warming is false.

Science is truly a complex and mysterious power.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, awesome! I think they use that same method in Boise... I have also heard "Well, what happens when you put an ice cube in your water? It melts, right? Just like the polar ice caps melt in the ocean. How is that global warming?" Genius, why didn't all of the scientists think of that explanation?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive